Owner, Easy Writer Inc., Writing and Editing Services, Gig Harbor, WA, 2004 to Present
- Provide editing and writing services to a variety of companies and organizations.
- Clients have included Allrecipes.com, Le Cordon Bleu, Moss Adams, and the University of Puget Sound.
Newsletter Coordinator, Rational Interaction, Seattle, WA, 2016 to Present
- Write, edit, prepare, format, and coordinate internal and external email newsletters for Microsoft's Worldwide Public Sector and Industry team.
Freelance Editor, Global Executive Programs, Microsoft, Redmond, WA, 2007 to Present
- Edit and proofread content for the Microsoft CEO Summit, an annual event attended by Fortune Global 500 CEOs.
- Help prepare copy for registration website, invitation letters, email communications, attendee biographies, conference agendas, print collateral, event app, and other items.
Freelance Editor, The Arctic Circle, 2012 to 2015
- Edited various communications for the Arctic Circle, a nonprofit led by President Ólafur Ragnar Grímsson of Iceland.
- Contributed to social media.
- Helped carry out inaugural Arctic Circle assembly in Reykjavík, Iceland.
Senior Communications Specialist, MultiCare Health System, Tacoma, WA, 2008 to 2010
- Created a variety of internal communications, such as brochures, flyers, podcast scripts, and PowerPoint decks.
- Wrote talking points for the CEO and other senior executives.
- Edited and coordinated company's weekly employee newsletter.
- Coordinated monthly management and supervisor forums.
Managing Editor, Amazon.com, Seattle, WA, 1998 to 2004
- Wrote, edited, and produced a variety of content, including home-page teasers, product descriptions, targeted marketing emails, email newsletters, banner graphics, and buying guides, across all product lines.
Writer, Tacoma Community House, Tacoma, WA, 2017 to Present
- Interview clients and write "success stories" to appear in social media and on the agency's website.
Bachelor of Arts, English, University of Maine, Orono, ME